As an Owner's Representative, Perk Development will oversee all responsibilities of an absentee or passive owner throughout the development process. The scope of duties and authority will be negotiated in a detailed agreement, laying out the roles and responsibilities for the developments duration. Perk Development will assemble and direct the Project Team, including the architect, contractor, engineers, and other necessary professional services. Perk Development will coordinate all Project Team meetings and communication and will serve as the primary contact for the Owner, streamlining the communication process.
Perk Development and the Project Team will: carry out all activity necessary to define the project's market; conceptualize, plan, and design the project to meet that market; obtain all entitlements for the project; build public and governmental support of the project; attract interest in the project from prospective tenants and/or purchasers; arrange debt and/or equity for the project, as required; and prepare the project for construction.
Perk Development's fee as an Owner's Representative is based on time and expenses. Our current fees are $200/hr for professional time and $90/hr for administrative time, plus actual out-of-pocket expenses.
As a Fee Developer, Perk Development will take on all responsibilities of the development process. Perk Development will assemble and direct the Project Team, including architect, contractor, engineers, and other necessary professional services. We will coordinate all Project Team meetings and communication and serve as the primary contact for the Owner, streamlining the communication process.
Perk Development and the Project Team will carry out all activity necessary to define the project's market: conceptualize, plan, and design the project to meet that market; obtain all entitlements for the project; build public and governmental support of the project; attract interest in the project from prospective tenants and/or purchasers; and prepare the project for construction. Additionally, Perk Development will establish and maintain the project schedule, review and approve all contractors' and subcontractors' bids, assure compliance to project budget, conduct filed inspections of project progress, resolve design and construction problems, schedule and attend inspections, approve all change orders, coordinate owner-tenant concerns, prepare punchlists, obtain occupancy certificates, and place the building in service.
Perk Development's Fee Developer services are provided on a percentage fee basis. The fee is based on the total project cost.
As a Development Consultant, Perk Development will provide consultation to the owner/developer regarding any requested elements in the development process. This could include, but no be limited to: input on concept and design, site analysis and selection, review of real estate contracts, market analysis, review of cost analysis and pro-formas, review of contractor's bids, assisting in entitlement/permitting, and reivew of marketing/leasing plan. This service is best utilized by owners/developers who plan on taking an active role in developing their project, but would like the benefit of professional, objective advice on an as-needed basis.
Perk Development's Development Consulting services are provided on an hourly fee basis, affording great flexibility to the owner/developer. Perk Development's Consulting fees range from $200 - $300/hr, depending on the anticipated scope of involvement.
Perk Development’s primary services revolve around bringing capital partners together with qualified real estate development opportunities. Perk Development strategically works with trusted equity investors and debt lenders and make recommendations for prospective project pursuits. It is critically important to have an accurate assessment of potential project viability, both financially and politically, before making significant investment in project design and/or entitlement applications.
Perk Development specializes in helping investors make crucial decisions regarding project feasibility early in the development process. Perk Development has the necessary knowledge and detailed experience to examine and analyze critical economic and demographic data and understand jurisdictional and political issues to accurately assess the overall feasibility of a project proposal and/or make specific recommendations regarding ways to enhance viability.
1. Site Selection & Evaluation -- Land & Property
2. Property Development Feasibility Study
· Civil Site & Public Infrastructure Improvements
· Land Use & Environmental Permitting
· Geotechnical Investigation
· Structural Engineering
· Environmental Study & Report
· Survey (Boundary, title research)
· Site Planning, Development Program, & Code Review
· Traffic Plans, Neighborhood Impacts, Schools
3. Financial Feasibility Study for Property Development
· Initial Concept Meetings
· Land & Project Evaluations
· Description of the Development & Industry Insights
· Market Analysis
· Market Comparisons
·Yearly Project Usage Analysis
·Financial Analysis & Preliminary Budgets
·Project Expenses & Development Recommendations
4. Preliminary Property Development Feasibility
5. Comprehensive Property Development Feasibility
6. Purchase Contract Execution
1. Development Team Selection & Management
2. Project Conceptualization & Design
· In-House Conceptual Layouts & Renderings
· Master planning, Programming & Massing
· MEP & Consultant Coordination
3. Land Use & Construction Codes
4. Entitlement & Construction Permitting
5. Scheduling & Time Management
· Finalizing Budgets
· Closing Escrow
Perk Development navigates the multi-layered requirements of zoning and land use regulations and related agency policies and procedures to secure development entitlements. Perk Development uses a strategic and comprehensive approach and provides clients with the most effective and efficient pathways to project approval(s).
1. Site Constraints & Opportunities
· See Project Analysis, Feasibility & Project Planning
2. Government Constraints & Opportunities
· Development Review & Approval Procedures
· Comprehensive Plan & Master Plan Review
· Growth Management Plan Review
· Relevant Code & Ordinance Review
· Overlay District Review
· Approval Scheduling
· Various Environmental & Archeological Studies
· Density Review & Studies
· Environmental Impact Statements
· Federal Environmental Reviews/Permits
· Rezoning/Variances, Conditional Use Permits
· Planning Commission Hearing Coordination & Scheduling
· Fees & Permitting Management
3. Project Financing
· Financial Modeling & Cash Flow Analysis
· Market Rate Assessment
· Cost Estimating & ROM Budgeting
· LTV Ratios
· AD&C Financing/Gap Financing/Permanent Financing
· Performance Bonds & Guarantees
· TIF's & OZ/EZ Opportunities
4. Construction Sequencing
· Pre-Construction Coordination
Perk Development consults with early decision makers early and often throughout the development process to ensure smooth and efficient pathways for discretionary entitlement approvals. This early consultation and understanding also allows for more fluidity in project design and the approval process.
Perk Development facilitates productive dialogue with city staff, councilmembers, planning commissioners and other critical decision makers and community leaders throughout the course of project conceptualization and entitlement permit processing.
Our goal is to create and implement effective community outreach programs. These programs can range from project presentations at regular neighborhood meetings to the implementation of a comprehensive program involving multiple developer& contractor hosted neighborhood meetings. Our aim is to identify and resolve issues in advance of formal public hearings for project approvals.
1. Project Development Presentation Processes
2. Community Outreach Event Coordination & Planning
3. Town Hall & Neighborhood Meeting Planning
4. Various Public Relations & Marketing Needs
5. Governmental & Community Relations
· Standard & Expedited Project Submittals
· General Plan & Zone Amendments/Changes
· Civic Association & Neighborhood Group Engagements
· HOA Engagements
· Planning Commission Relations
Real Estate & Project Development expert, Brett Perkins, has developed an in-person strategy day that will assist you with effectively sourcing project opportunities, establishing communication with key decision makers, persuading clients to move efficiently, and closing on transactions. You'll also a quarterly engagement that aligns to and enables business' strategic plan, two-day intensive outcomes (if applicable), marketing programs and goals, budgetary audits and other strategic needs.
Perk Development also benefits through unique opportunities in early development as many hedge fund managers, REITs, and capital partners seek fresh opportunities. Perk Development strategically works with these partners as effective project management requires attention to detail and in-depth experience in a wide range of disciplines, including:Development team selection and management, project conceptualization and design, land use and construction codes, entitlement and construction permit processing, government and community relations, strong time management and interpersonal skills.
Perk Development successfully provides project planning and management services to a wide range of clients, including: Public institutions, property owners,and various financial partners.